Search Engine Optimization Analyst at MarketWatch
MarketWatch is seeking an experienced SEO Analyst to join our growing team. The ideal candidate should be passionate about SEO and marketing technology, have a solid understanding of ever-evolving SEO best practices and technical considerations, as well as knowledge of best practices in content creation & optimization. The role will support our product, engineering, and editorial teams through daily implementation & delivery of SEO strategy.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- The SEO Analyst is the core of our team’s ability to implement, and is responsible for the delivery of any and all strategic pieces of our organic search programs. Specific duties:
- Work with Audience Growth team to analyze, recommend and implement SEO strategies to meet growth targets
- Conduct periodic keyword research, technical and content audits and competitor analysis to discover new SEO opportunities.
- Uncover seasonal and topical trends that will help inform editorial content strategy.
- Optimize web pages for copy, metadata, internal and external links and landing pages for Search.
- Increase the visibility and knowledge of SEO within the global organization including preparing and presenting SEO best practices and helping define SEO as a KPI for all relevant teams.
- Analyze, track and report on overall natural search performance and initiatives.
- Work with stakeholders and suppliers to share knowledge of SEO best practices, and to clearly communicate priorities.
Knowledge and Skills Required
- Deep understanding of search engine best practices, ranking factors, latest SEO techniques and algorithm updates.
- Strong understanding of SEO as it pertains to the publishing industry.
- Experience working with CMS and building/administering content in CMS environments.
- Experience with Search Console, Bing Webmaster Tools, and Google News Publisher Center.
- Familiarity and experience with SEO tools such as SEMrush, Screaming Frog, or other similar SEO tools
- Ability to communicate effectively with developers & technical teams
- Strong organizational skills with attention to detail
Dow Jones , Making Careers Newsworthy
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets .
Dow Jones is committed to providing reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, in our job application and/or interview process. If you need assistance or accommodation in completing your application, due to a disability, please reach out to us at [email protected] . Please put “Reasonable Accommodation” in the subject line.
Business Area: MARKETWATCH
Dow Jones is a global provider of news and business information, delivering content to consumers and organizations around the world across multiple formats, including print, digital, mobile and live events. Dow Jones has produced unrivaled quality content for more than 125 years and today has one of the world’s largest news gathering operations globally. It produces leading publications and products including the flagship Wall Street Journal, America’s largest newspaper by paid circulation; Factiva, Barron’s, MarketWatch, Financial News, DJX, Dow Jones Risk & Compliance, Dow Jones Newswires, and Dow Jones VentureSource.Dow Jones is a division of News Corp (NASDAQ: NWS, NWSA; ASX: NWS, NWSLV).
If you require assistance in completing the online application, please contact the Talent Management team for Application Help at [email protected]