Amazon AWS re:Invent 2018 kicks off November 26 in Las Vegas. This ChannelE2E live blog covering the Amazon Web Services and enterprise cloud conference runs through November 30. Check back daily for updates.
Here are the developments so far:
1. Top 100 Public Cloud MSPs: Several of ChannelE2E’s Top 100 Public Cloud MSPs will be on-site promoting their services to customers. Key MSPs to track include Mission, which was formed through the merger of Advanced Consulting Partners Reliam, Stratalux, and G2 Tech Group. The newly branded company emerged in October 2018 with a customer base spanning 175 enterprises. The company’s cloud operations professionals and solutions architects hold more than 90 AWS certifications. Key areas of expertise also include AWS Competency Partner status in DevOps, Healthcare, and Life Sciences.
2. AWS Cloud Migration Services: Watch for numerous global systems integrators and IT consulting firms to promote their AWS migration services. For instance, TEKsystems Global Services claims to have managed more than 100 cloud, application re-architecture, data warehouse migration and DevOps automation projects. Moreover, the company has moved more than 1,000 on-premises workloads to the cloud, TEKsystems said ahead of the event.
3. Managed DevOps Services: SolarWinds will highlight new features for its SaaS-based DevOps portfolio consisting of Pingdom, AppOptics, Papertrail, and Loggly. Those tools were originally developed for IT professionals. But SolarWinds CEO Kevin Thompson has emphasized MSP software momentum during recent earnings calls, and it’s a safe bet some of those DevOps tools may eventually find their way into the SolarWinds MSP portfolio for partners.
4. AWS Marketplace vs. Distributors: Watch for just about every enterprise IT software provider on the planet to describe how their latest applications and tools are available in the AWS Marketplace, which increasingly competes against traditional IT distributors and next-generation cloud distributors.
5. Cloud Security: On the one hand, watch for AWS-based security tools that protect data in any location (on-premises and across multiple clouds). On the other hand, watch for tools that specifically protect workloads on AWS.
6. AWS Partner Program: AWS Channel Chief Terry Wise announced these partner program enhancements in 2017. It’s safe to expect an encore and more updates at the 2018 conference. We’ll have the details…
7. VMware Cloud on AWS Part One: It’s a safe bet VMware Cloud on AWS will expand to new regions and potentially receive more price cuts as VMware and Amazon seek to offset moves by Microsoft Azure and Google Cloud Platform.
8. VMware Cloud on AWS Part Two: Caveonix now enables MSPs and MSSPs to offer its RiskForesight cyber risk and compliance management platform to VMware Cloud on AWS customers.
9. AWS Data Protection: Druva CloudRanger now supports automated disaster recovery, legal-hold, and file level search for Amazon Web Services (AWS) workloads, the company said today.
10. AWS Backup Cloud: CloudBerry Managed Backup now offers advanced snapshot support for Amazon EC2 instances.
11. Hybrid Cloud Storage: Pure Storage has launched Pure Storage Cloud Data Services, a suite of cloud offerings for Amazon Web Services (AWS). Details are here.
12. AWS Cloud Monitoring: Datadog has introduced end-to-end serverless monitoring for AWS Lambda functions. The effort features integration with AWS X-Ray, which traces serverless calls while they run on AWS-operated infrastructure, the company says.
13. More AWS re:Invent 2018 News: Got news to share at the conference? Email me the details: [email protected] and we’ll potentially mention the details in this live blog.